- Stay in shape. An out of shape body can be more prone to injury.
- Warm up your muscles. Cold muscles can lead to injury.
- If you are new to a sport, consider taking a lesson. Instructors can show you how best to reduce injury.
- Wear protective gear. Gear such as padding, goggles, and helmets can make all the difference.
- Dress in warm loose clothing. You want to stay warm but do not want to restrict your mobility.
- Drink plenty of water. Your body is more injury prone when you are dehydrated.
Of course, if you get injured, the clinical staff at AFC Urgent Care Urgent Care in South Plainfield will be here to treat you. Make sure to visit us at 907 Oak Tree Avenue, Oak Park Commons (near the Super A&P) in South Plainfield NJ or call us at 908-222-3500.